Body Shot Sparing
You have built up your fitness and basic boxing skills through our classes or private training sessions, now learn to apply them to the sport of boxing. Not for the faint-hearted, this sparing class will test your mental strength and get you out of your comfort zone.
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
Sparing class culture....
- Grow as a team - The person you help to improve today could be your best sparing partner in a month.
- No mismatches - The biggest in the gym should be able to spar the smallest. Adjust your intensity and work on weaknesses to make sparing competitive.
- Box don't brawl - Use the techniques your coaches instruct you to use. This class is about improving skills not showing who is the toughest.
- Have fun - There are no titles on the line. Enjoy learning the sweet science of boxing with good people.
- Hand wraps
- 16 oz gloves
- Mouth guard
- We will supply some head guards for sparing in the ring, but we recommend purchasing your own for lighter sparing out of the ring.
Health and Safety...
Health and safety is a huge priority for this class. If you have had any head injuries or anything of concern, please consult your doctor before applying. You must have a good base level of fitness and you must have competent basic boxing skills. Each sparing session will be supervised by our coaches. We highly recommend completing our Intro to Sparing Package before applying to join the class.
INTRO TO SPARING - 3 x 45minute private training sessions - $180
- Fine tune footwork, punches and head movement
- Learn defensive catches, parry's and blocks
- Try your first light sparing
- NB: This does not guarantee you a place in our sparing class. For your health and safety, further sessions may be required.
Self Assessment Form
Please run through this checklist to self-asses whether or not you are ready for the sparing class. if you answer no to any of the following, we recommend you complete our intro to sparing training package.
I have a good base level of fitness.
I understand that although Body Shot Fitness will try to create a safe and respectful culture, the idea of boxing is to hit and not be hit. At some stage I will get punched in the face.
I have a good understanding and delivery of the following techniques...
- Stance and footwork - forward, backward, left, right, pivot
- Punches - jab, cross, hook, uppercut, body shot
- Defence - slips, pull and rolls
I feel that I can stay control and listen to my instructor at all times.